Ice Cream University's Gelato Tour of Italy!
If you have a passion for producing, selling, and tasting gelato, then joining us on our Gelato Tour of Italy 2023 will be a dream trip come true. Imagine tasting gelato, eating incredible dinners, and enjoying fine wine, plus having a learning experience at the SIGEP Gelato Trade show in Rimini that is the best in the world. The Euro today makes for a more exciting and economical trip to Italy.
The 2023 SIGEP Convention will shape up to be the biggest SIGEP Convention in years as the frozen dessert industry gets back to normal. It will be a truly exciting convention.
The cost of the trip includes roundtrip airfare from Liberty Newark International Airport to Italy, 4-star hotels, 5 days of breakfast and fantastic dinners, entrance to the SIGEP Convention and private hands-on gelato workshops with Italy’s largest and oldest equipment maker. Join us and you won’t have to worry about the Euro and other worrisome details. Once you board the airplane, you won’t have to reach into your pocket and spend one more penny, except for your own shopping, incidentals, and gratuities. Below is a description of the
trip, including some of the gelaterias and restaurants we will be visiting. For more information, call Malcolm Stogo at 973-669-1060, or email at email@example.com.
This tour only includes Bologna and Rimini, so if you desire to stay longer in Italy, you can make your own arrangements to travel starting from Bologna on January 25, 2023. Our driver Alex can also help you make arrangements to go to other places.
Proof of Covid Vaccination is a requirement for anyone wanting to come on the 2023 Gelato Tour Of Italy.
Anyone wishing to join the 2023 To reserve your space, and get a discount on the entire trip of $500, a deposit of $1,500 per person is required September 15, by check or credit card (3% credit card fee).
JANUARY 20- BOLOGNA
We will arrive in Bologna on late Friday morning, January 19 and meet our bus at the airport. We will drive to the historic section of downtown Bologna where we will have lunch at Tamburini, a world-famous gourmet shop and restaurant and then walk over to La Sorbetteria, which is the best gelateria anywhere and begin our gelato tasting.
We will drive to Rimini in the late afternoon and settle into our hotel.
JANUARY 20- (3 NIGHTS)- RIMINI
Rimini is Italy’s principal summer resort on the Adriatic Coast. However, we will be there in March! But forget that because Rimini is where the best gelato convention in the world is held every year. The SIGEP convention will open your eyes to a world of gelato possibilities.
- You will attend the SIGEP Gelato convention for 2 days, acknowledged as the world’s most important in the artisan gelato sector, a primary European showcase for artisan Italian confectionery and is also strengthening its position in the artisan bakery field.
- You will see the very latest in raw materials, basic products, plant, machinery, furnishing and fittings for the artisan gelato, pastry shops, cafe and artisan bakeries.
- You will participate in exclusive Ice Cream University workshops on gelato making.
- We will stay at the Abner Hotel, Riccionne.
- Late Monday afternoon, we go back to Bologna by private bus.
JANUARY 23-25 BOLOGNA (2 NIGHTS)
Back to Bologna for a free day of shopping and sightseeing for the best food and gelato. Bologna is one of Italy’s epicenters for the best food and gelato.
- We will back in Bologna early evening on January 21and stay our final nights at the Art Hotel Commercianti, overlooking the Basilica di San Petronio in the heart of Piazza Maggiore and near the oldest university in the world.
- Morning gelato workshop at La Sorbetteria, Bologna
- You will have the Tuesday to browse on your own in downtown Bologna.
JANUARY 25, 2023- FLY HOME TO USA (NEWARK)
FEATURES NOT INCLUDED
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- Meals (lunch and dinner), except as specified under trip features
- Travel insurance (if you want to purchase, need to know at time of signing up for tour)
- Travel to and from Newark Airport
- Price per person based on double occupancy. Single travelers can share a room or have the option of single occupancy by paying a single supplement of $250, depending on the trip chosen
- Any travel outside the stated trip itinerary is at the personal expense of each individual traveler
TRIP CHANGES: We will pass along any service charge that is incurred to make a change to your airline ticket or itinerary
BAGGAGE: Each person is allowed one piece of baggage as well as one carry-on piece.
TRAVEL INSURANCE- Airline ticketing does not include travel insurance. If you desire this travel insurance for your airline travel, please contact a travel insurance company
PLAN 1- January 19-25,2023 BOLOGNA & RIMINI) for 1 or 2 attendees
Cost of Trip: 4,300.00 per person
Registration Fee: 50.00 per person (non-refundable)
TOTAL $4,450.00 *
Single Supplement: 350.00 per person
*Book your own airfare, deduct $1,000 from above cost
PAST GELATO TOURS
2022 Gelato Tour
Giacomo and Malcolm