Our Gelato Tour of Italy gets better every year, and our 16th Annual Gelato Tour of Italy will be no exception. The Euro is getting lower every day which translates to offering you a more exciting and economical trip to Italy this coming January. We have again designed our trip to eliminate the anxiety of the cost of the Euro, especially when you are in Italy. The cost of the trip includes roundtrip airfare from Liberty Newark International Airport to Italy, 4-star hotels, 7 days of breakfast and fantastic dinners, entrance to the SIGEP Convention and private hands-on gelato workshops with Giacomo Schavion of La Sorbetteria, Bolongia . Come with us and you won’t have to fret about the Euro and other worrisome details. Once you board the airplane, you won’t have to reach into your pocket and spend one more penny, except for your own shopping, incidentals and gratuities.
Comments from our past Gelato Tours:
I dreamed of going for ten years, I finally went. It was everything I thought and better!”
–Tony Lana of Electro Freeze (2008)
I have been to Italy many times, but the Gelato Tour just blew me away. Never have I had a better meal than the restaurants Carole & Malcolm took us to.”
– John Agliato, Electro-Freeze (2010)
JANUARY 20-22 (3 NIGHTS)- RIMINI (RICCIONNE)
Rimini is Italy’s principal summer resort on the Adriatic Coast. However, we will be there in January! But forget all of that because Rimini is where the best gelato convention in the world is held every year. The SIGEP convention will open your eyes to a world of gelato possibilities.
- You will attend the SIGEP Gelato convention for 2 days, acknowledged as the world´s most important in the artisan gelato sector, a primary European showcase for artisan Italian confectionery and is also strengthening its position in the artisan bakery field.
- On show, all the very latest in raw materials, basic products, plant, machinery, furnishing and fittings for the artisan gelato, pastry shops, cafés and artisan bakeries.
- Participate in exclusive Ice Cream University workshops working at SIGEP on gelato making.
- Sunday evening we will go to Florence by private bus
37th International Exhibtion for the Artisan Production of Gelato, Pastry, Confectionery and Bakery
JANUARY 23-24- FLORENCE (2 NIGHTS)
A trip to Italy is not complete without a visit to Florence, which is one of the most awe-inspiring cities in all of Europe. In Florence, the Renaissance reached its full heights of artistic expression, and that’s where you will see the works of Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci.
- Explore Florence’s many gelaterias, churches, museums, and have a glorious time shopping and eating to your heart’s content.
- Stay at the Grand Hotel Baglioni, a first-class hotel situated in the heart of historical Florence.
HOTEL BAGLIONI ( 011-39-055-23580), A FIRST CLASS HOTEL IN THE HEART OF FLORENCE, VERY CLOSE TO THE SAN LORENZO MARKET. Dating from the 19th Century, the charming Grand Hotel Baglioni was once the residence of the Carrega Bertolini princes. High, coffered-wood ceilings, stone staircases and large windows with original leaded panes have been preserved, along with its elegant, understated Tuscan charm.
JANUARY 25- BOLOGNA (1 NIGHT)
Bologna is one of Italy’s epicenters for the best food and gelato.
- You will arrive in the morning (January 25) in Bologna (“the capital of Italy’s cuisine”), and stay one night at the Art Hotel Commercianti, overlooking the Basilica di San Petronio in the heart of Piazza Maggiore and close to the oldest university in the world. Dinner at De Fabio with Giacomo and Marina of La Sorbetteria..
- After arriving in Bologna, you will participate in a private, hands-on, four-hour workshop at Italy’s finest gelateria -La Sorbetteria- with its owner, Giacomo Schavion. You will use the Cattabriga pasteurizer to create the base and vertical batch freezer to produce the following:
- The finest finished gelato product from scratch
- Out of sight Gelato cakes and easy to make Gelato stick pops, and an incredible hot chocolate drink using the most natural ingredients.
Reserve Your Seat
Cost of Trip: Registration Fee: *Single Supplement: Deposit
GRAND TOTAL:$3,995.00 per person
Discount of $500.00 per person if registered with deposit by June 30,2016
Discount of $250.00 per person if registered with deposit by August 31, 2016