Ice Cream University is growing. Growing by leaps and bounds as we enter this new year with exciting new ventures. We have grown because we are passionate about the future. Over the last year, our seminar attendance has grown by more than 25%, which tells us that 2012 is going to be a sensational ice cream selling season.
This coming year is going to be terrific for anyone in the frozen desserts industry. As the economy begins to grow again, ice cream will be in vogue big time. All we need is good summer weather.
• Ice Pops – In Mexico, they call them Paletas. Easy to make, reasonably priced, and a novel way to increase business. In the USA, more pop shops will open.
• More non-dairy frozen desserts products will reach the marketplace because of the increased presence of diabetes and lactose intolerance in the population
• More self service frozen yogurt shops will open as the national demand for this kind of concept keeps increasing.
• Small size ice cream cakes – People are really tired of baked cakes for occasions. This year-around business is ripe for expanding your business.
• Ice Cream Pricing – Most ice cream retail shop operators will raise prices slightly because of increases in milk, sugar, cocoa ingredient availability and the economy.
• This summer will see more traveling to resort areas, and ice cream shops in these areas will do quite well.
• Since the ice cream retail industry has shown to be very lucrative, we will see more ice cream store openings than ever before.
• Frozen custard will continue to decline in popularity because there is not enough foot traffic venues to support this business.
• Tart tasting frozen yogurt has reached its maximum range of attracting the traffic needed to sustain the large growth of shops the past three years.
What trends are you seeing for 2012?